November 9, 2020
Kamiah School District parents, staff, students, and community members:
In accordance with Governor Little’s declaration to move the State of Idaho back to Stage 3 of the Idaho Rebounds plan, the Whitepine League School Districts have voted on a set of protocols for athletic contests held in all gyms for the upcoming Middle School and High School Winter sports season.
The protocols are:
- Only 60 spectators will be allowed in the gym for each event. Both Home and Visiting teams will be allowed to have 30 spectators apiece in the Gym. (An exemption was filed with and approved by North Central District Health increasing that number from 50 to 60 to allow more parents to attend.)
- At the conclusion of each event (J.V., C Team, etc) the gymnasium will be cleared for cleaning and sanitizing and to allow spectators for the next event to enter the gymnasium.
- Each player will be provided an equal number of tickets to give to their family for each home and away event.
- Social distancing protocols are in effect at all sites. Six (6) feet minimum between families/spectators.
- Mask protocols will differ from site-to-site based upon individual school district protocols already in place.
- These protocols will remain in effect until the Governor moves the State of Idaho back into Stage 4 of the Idaho Rebounds plan.