October 29, 2020
Dear Kamiah High School parents, students, and community members:
This morning, we learned that two students from Kamiah High School have tested positive from Covid-19. We have contacted North Central District Health for confirmation. We are in the process of contact tracing and will notify parents if their student was possibly exposed in a classroom.
We continue to monitor the situation closely and will ask parents to please monitor and report any symptoms if they occur. If your student feels sick, please keep them home. The individuals who have tested positive will remain quarantined as advised by health officials.
Kamiah School District will continue to clean and disinfect surfaces inside all district schools, buses, and facilities. Additionally, we will continue to monitor all students and staff and encourage anyone who is feeling sick to please stay home.
As more cases are being confirmed across the state, it is important to remain vigilant. The CDC recommends the following best practices to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Practice social distancing, leaving at least six feet between you and other people.
- When you are unable to practice social distancing in a public setting, wear a cloth face mask.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. If you or any member of your family exhibit these symptoms, you are
encouraged to contact your medical provider for advice immediately. Symptoms
usually appear 2-14 days after exposure.
Dr. Benjamin Merrill